Saturday, March 15, 2014
Pope Francis new changes
When I hear the term Pope, I automatically think of a grey haired old man who stays within the walls of the Vatican and preaches the old words to those that are still willing to listen. I know that catholic religion is spreading throughout the world, however it has never been something to catch my interest, until now. Watching several reports on the new pope has led me to believe that this new Pope Francis can lead the church out of the closed doors of the Vatican and stop them from being "Obsessed with small minded rules" that have led to culture wars of abortion and gay rights. He is unlike any other pope the world has seen. Many popes before have claimed to want to be a hands on man with the people but Pope Francis has actually taken charge and gone out to meet the people face to face. In his interview the pope states, "I prefer a church of which is bruised, hurting and dirty because it has been out on the streets, rather than a church which is unhealthy from being confined and from clinging to its own security." I believe Pope Francis came into his role believing that it was time for the church to see a change and he is evident in making it happen. I believe he understands the point of view of the modern world and understands that in order to keep the Catholic faith alive he must unite the people with the church. In order to do that he must address issue that do not solely pertain to the church but appeal to the people as well; after all, that is the role of a leader and Pope Francis is a leader and will continue to bring social change to the Catholic Church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent idea to discuss the Pope! He's been doing some positive things for the Catholic community and, I would add, the world as a whole. How does his actions relate to our readings or class discussions?
ReplyDelete