The article I found refers all the way back to millennial. The piece was written by Jesse Holland. It pretty much just speaks of how people aged 18-33 is leaning more democratic in their decision making. It speaks of how "hipster" we are in not wanting to be labeled. It speaks of how while many may not claim to represent the Democratic party but lean that way despite their "independent" allegiance. Half of the millennial generation share this sentiment.
I agree with the author. A lot of liberal ideologies are being used as the basis of national progression. The legalization of marijuana, immigration, and gay rights are the main topic of discussion. This/my generation are rebelling against the old notions of church going and young marriages, as mentioned in the article. It is interesting how times change. I even notice how presidency seems to flip flop from one party to the next.
So true, especially about the presidencies! We seem to go from one extreme to another!
ReplyDelete