Saturday, March 29, 2014

Paper Ideas

1. The Hunger Games Catching Fire and how the media shapes our perception of what is happening
2.  STFU Conservatives picture of "Im still not asking for it" and how it is more effective than the barbie museum protest.
3. Ride Along and the corruption of the police and government system

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the STFU Conservative idea, only because it's the one I'm least familiar with. I would suggest that rather than compare it to the Barbie Museum protest, just focus on the picture. At some point (in the introduction or conclusion) you could have a few paragraph discussing other protests, including the Barbie one, in relationship to the STFU protest. Here is where you could say the STFU protest is more successful than other recent ones. Next step, decide on the reading(s) or theory(ies) you want to use in your theoretical framework. You could maybe use identification or ideograph or public sphere/public screen, but I'm not super familiar with this so if other readings work for you, that's fine!

    ReplyDelete