Saturday, March 29, 2014

Media and political rhetoric in war, politics, and economics

My tastes in video range from absolute escapist fantasy, through provocative depictions of often overlooked "facts", to actual recordings of events and/or history. With that said I feel strongly about three documentary/viewpoint videos I have recently seen concerning war, politics, and economics. These include "No End In Sight" and "Inside Job" by writer/director Charles Ferguson and "The Corporation" written by University of British Columbia law professor Joel Bakan, and directed by Mark Achbar and Jennifer Abbott. Many similarities can be gleaned from these films relating to popular media and political rhetoric. I hope to relate one or all to concepts that appear in class readings or discussions but I am unclear at this time of exact links. I will continue along these lines to develop a thesis that meets the suggested guidelines and allows me to add to a discussion of these important forces in our world today.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great start to me! You might consider using the ideograph reading to help you point out ideographs that are used/attacked throughout the documentaries, but see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete