A 74 year old women is released from prison for a crime she did not do. Mary Virginia Jones spent 32 years in prison for a crime her past boyfriend committed. The Post-Convicted Justice Project picked up the case At USC college and won for the justice of Ms. Jones. The case was defeated because Ms. Jones was involved in the murder because she was held against her will. She did not commit the murders, her ex boyfriend did which the USC participants were able to prove.
I personally have mixed emotions about this story. I'm deeply disturbed that Ms. Jones spent three decades of her life missing out on the beauties in life. We only live once. I also am annoyed with once again how the media is presenting this case. I do see the positive that justice is served but it did take 32 years for that to happen. What about the hundreds if not thousands of people without fancy lawyers that are serving time for something they did not commit.
Wow! This is interesting! It could definitely relate to the idea of the ideograph of "justice is served" and what that actually means in our society. Does it mean the right person was punished or just a person was punished?
ReplyDelete