Wednesday, March 19, 2014

IRS Taxes

It's tax season! April 15th is around the corner, so naturally many are getting their taxes done before the deadline. Fox put out an article titled "IRS: $760M owed to people who didn't file for 2010". I appreciate the little warning from Fox, but don't you think the IRS should send out a letter to individuals? At the end of the article Fox states the unclaimed taxes will go to "Uncle Sam", well who the heck is Uncle Sam?

Many left comments about this article, stating uncle sam is Obama. Lots of confusion here: I'm sure they mean the government. I highly doubt Obama sees any of that money. This relates in many fields of our class, misrepresentation from media, how people view the government, and Obama.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you're right. This Uncle Sam figure is another ideograph that serves to unite some citizens, but if you really think about who it is, some of us might have differing opinions.

    ReplyDelete