Friday, March 14, 2014

Blog#7

A elderly couple was enjoying there mid-afternoon "Scrunch" a cross between lunch and supper, when they were approached by a very rude employee who told the elderly couple they needed to move so that he or she could clean the floor where they were sitting. The wife of the elderly couple said no we are not leaving. A manger then approached the couple stating, "you two need to leave your half hour is up." Although the couple said they did not realize that there was a time limit at McDonalds!!!! They then wrote a letter to the corporation who then only sent the couple a coupon for TWO FREE SMALL COFFEES the wife sent back the coupons!! Although there letter did not go unnoticed by a BBQ Smokehouse who offered the World War 2 vet and his wife, FREE "Scrunch" one day a week for life!! 

If I was the elderly couple I would have done the exact same thing. McDonalds is a LARGE corporation who makes BILLIONS of DOLLARS, and they only offered the couple a two free small coffees, WHAT?!  This presents negative face by not only McDonalds as a whole but also this specific franchise. The owner of the franchise apologized to the couple saying the manager is still in training and wants the elderly woman to come and help out with his training. That owner must be crazy, instead of offering her to help train the rude manager, throw the couple some free cheese burgers instead. Because of the incident that occurred they no longer will be giving business to that franchise. And this also shows positive face because of the BBQ Smokehouse owner being so kind to the couple when the incident did not occur at his restaurant. Goes to show there are still very nice people out there! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I hadn't heard about this! Unfortunately, I can't say that I'm surprised!

    ReplyDelete