Saturday, February 1, 2014
Millenial's
Reading Stein and Sanburn's article "The New Greatest Generation" I kept getting hung up on the age range that they grouped together, 18-30 years old. I myself am 24 and having worked with people in that age range i can say that I do not find i have a lot in common with my coworkers who are only 3-5 years younger than me, but as i thought about it even though its only a few years, that's a big gap in growing up, there are TV shows that i was raised on that they have never seen, or pop culture references that make me feel like an old man at 24. Music that i listened to in high school they listened to when they were only 10. I just feel like its such an easy thing to generalize and group all young people together so they can label us as "narcissistic" or "lazy" rather than to try and have a conversation and get to learn us as individuals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good commentary on the articles! Do you see any of this linked to what's going on in the news in the past few weeks?
ReplyDelete