Saturday, February 15, 2014

Blog 2

The article talks about how Brett Jones, a gay Navy Seal, tells his significant other, "I love you." Although the Seal was not talking to a woman but his partner who was also in the Navy. The Seal was then discharged from the Navy and honorably left his job over three simple words people say all the time. He decided to break his silence so people can know what happened to him and help spread the word.


I think Brett Jones totally had the right to say I love you, it was a personal phone call left on an answering machine and he shouldn't have been investigated. I believe a situation like this can cause negative face on the Navy. Whether or not the men serving come out or not, this story shows how ridiculous the Navy acts when they "think" you might be gay. The poor man had to go through months of investigation and heartache after serving our country honorably for years.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting news article! I hadn't heard about this! Perhaps you can bring this up in discussion tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete