I thought of many musical pieces with political messages but, as tends to be the case for me, I could not relate them to topics from the class. I see several great choices have already been posted. I went searching for ideas and found the following by Gil Scott-Heron. I felt it was in line with the articles we read about "The Public Sphere", "From Public Sphere to Public Screen: Democracy, Activism, and the "Violence" of Seattle", and even "The Guerrilla Girls' Comic Politics of Subversion" in the visuals. Those visuals may have been put together by someone other than Gil Scott-Heron but his words definitely guided them. With those words he contrasts and "jams" the consumerism spread by media with the idea of "real" action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw
P.S. Even though these blogs are usually due by 12 noon I was compelled to take advantage of the 11:59PM stated in the instructions. Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment