Sunday, April 6, 2014

Corporation as an Ideograph

Oh my, here it is Sunday already. How time flies when you don't have class schedules to measure it. Although I have been musing over the subject material for my paper I have only touched on how to relate it to class readings and discussions. Having reread the paper entitled "THE "IDEOGRAPH"; A LINK BETWEEN RHETORIC AND IDEOLOGY" I do see some possibilities of linkage. Mostly I hope to write a paper that focuses, first on the artifact "The Corporation", the video, and second on the history and current pervasive influence of what that business model has became. To that end I would say that the very word corporation has become an ideograph that bespeaks of economic, political, and social power rather than a set of laws and guidelines that make up such a business model. Further, it has become the only "legitimate" business model in our modern world. Quite something considering its humble beginnings as a publicly sanctioned, limited duration, charter to finance and facilitate specific public projects.























1 comment:

  1. I totally agree "Corporation" is an ideograph that could offer a lot of discussion in your paper. I'm going to try to watch this documentary before I read your paper to give me a little more context. :)

    ReplyDelete